How to Join
Get more membership information from:
Paul Hackley, TSOP Membership Chair
U.S. Geological Survey
956 National Center
Reston, VA 20192
phone: 703 648-6458
fax: 703 648-6419
Above forms require
Last modified 15 September 2011
Students Benefit from TSOP MembershipThe Society for Organic Petrology encourages students to join the Society. We have programs in place to benefit students and want to see students enter the field of organic petrology.
Students in TSOP can:
- Connect with experts in your field of interest/study, from academia, government and industry,
- Meet fellow students in the organic petrology field from around the world,
- Benefit from a small society where professionals take an interest in students in their field of science,
- Apply for a Spackman Award graduate student research grant,
- Receive the quarterly newsletter featuring Society business, along with contributions from members including meeting notices, book reviews, and short technical contributions, among other items,
- Attend annual meetings with discounted registration fees,
- Be considered for the Best Student Paper or Poster awards at annual meetings,
- Apply for financial assistance for travel to annual meetings,
- Enjoy special student activities at many annual meetings,
- Get their choice, after joining, of two of the available publications listed in the table on the publications page.
- Be represented through the Student Affairs committee to TSOP Council,
- Get all these benefits at low dues rates for students (US$ 15. per year if you receive the Newsletter from the web site).
There's more!See the Join TSOP! page to learn more about benefits for all members.
Who can join
Membership in TSOP is open to any individual or organization having an active scientific interest in organic petrology. Low annual dues rates are listed on the dues page.